JAKARTA, GESAHKITA COM—-The Honda Team Asia rider will launch from the front row at the Indonesian Grand Prix after a pulsating battle for pole.
As Grand Prix racing returns to Indonesia, local fans will be keeping a keen eye on Honda Team Asia’s Mario Aji. The 18-year-old is the sole representative from the island nation on this year’s World Championship stage, and he is already doing his country proud after claiming a Moto3™ front row at his home GP. You can get to know the Aji a little better by checking out below.
The Championship’s only Indonesian rider did his nation proud after claiming P3 in qualifying and a first ever front row start
– Aji started competing in the Motocross National Championship in Indonesia when he was just 10-years-old
– His father is an entrepreneur and his mother is a housewife. He has two elder brothers and one little sister: Nito, 26, Risto, 22, and Tasya, 13
– He loves cycling, running and training with his bike
– His dream is to ride in MotoGP™ with other top riders and maybe one day race with eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team)
– 2018 was an unforgettable season for him because it was the first year he competed outside of Indonesia. He competed in the Asia Talent Cup and the Asia Road Race Championship
– His favourite race ever was in the Asia Talent Cup in 2018. Hosted in Sepang, Aji claimed his first win in the series with a final corner overtake seeing him take the chequered flag first
– His favourite corners are Turns 11, 12 and 13 in Qatar. Motegi, Turns 7, 8 and the last. At Buriram, Turns 4, 5, 6, and 7 while in Malaysia, Sepang’s 5, 6, 7 and 8.
– He competed in both the MotoGP™ Red Bull Rookies and the FIM CEV Repsol in Moto3™ at the same time. (motogp com)